Travel Notices FAQs
1. Why do I need to set up a travel notice?
Whether it's for business or personal, you should be able to travel without having to worry about your cards being cancelled while away. Before you leave for your trip, record your travel plans and choose the cards you plan to use while away, and MyIdentityAssist will contact card issuers on your behalf.
2. How far in advance should I set up a travel notice?
We need one week to process travel notices. If your trip is more than 45 days away, please note that we can only process travel notifications within 45 days of the departure date.
3. If I set up a travel notice, do I need to check my account for updates before I leave on my trip?
Yes. Although we send email updates confirming the issuers we’ve successfully contacted regarding your travel plans, your online account will provide you with an at-a-glance summary of your travel notice requests and their current status.
4. If I have set up a travel notice, will I still need to contact my bank or card issuer?
Possibly. Since some issuers do not allow third parties to record travel notices, there may be cases where you will be required to notify them directly.
5. What if I need to contact MyIdentityAssist while I’m away? Is the contact centre available?
The MyIdentityAssist contact centre is available 24/7 at 1-877-738-5979.
6. How do I make emergency travel arrangements?
If you become stranded or experience travel disruptions due to a loss or theft incident, contact us at 1-877-738-5979 or press the Panic Button for immediate access to our contact centre. Our agents will arrange for airline tickets to be waiting at the nearest airport. Tickets will be charged to your credit card and the cost cannot exceed available credit card limits.